- A Session of Play Therapy
- For a child who has experienced domestic violence at home.
- A Session of Couselling
- For women recovering from domestic abuse
- Grocery Voucher
- Food for women and children in refuge with no financial resources
- Refuge Costs for a Week
- The cost of housing a woman at the refuge for two weeks. This includes light, heat, food for those who have no funds
Funding our work
We are grateful for the support of a number of state agencies and small grants bodies that assist us in providing our core services. These include Tusla, the Child and Family Agency who are our core funders and we have a service level agreement to provide domestic violence services. Other funders include Victims of Crime, MOVE Ireland and small grants bodies.
Meath Women’s Refuge and Support Services fundraise in order to ensure we can provide a wide range of services and supports to women and children. This includes fundraising to resource our counselling services, art therapy services and play therapy for children. It assists us with providing women and children coming into refuge with vouchers, food, clothing when they come to refuge with limited resources. We also provide extra curricular activities for children including outings. We fundraise in order to expand and maintain the level of services we provide to women and children who experience domestic abuse.
A big project for us between now and 2021 is the development of a new purpose-built refuge and ancillary services building. If you are particularly interested in supporting us in this, do not hesitate to contact us.
Fundraise for Us
You can organise an event in your local area e.g. a pub quiz, a 5km race, a coffee morning, a musical evening etc. All these small events make a huge difference. Alternatively, you could provide a service or join our women’s giving circle where you donate €10 twice a year to a weekly shop to support women and children in refuge. If you are considering organising an event or want more information on any of the above contact us.
We can help you fundraise by
- Promotion – we will promote your event through our website, Facebook and Twitter, along with promotion amongst our networks of services and other organisations.
- Materials – we can provide t-shirts, sponsorship cards, posters, and leaflets to use during your event where this is relevant
We rely on the support of the public, businesses and philanthropic organisations. All donations make a huge difference to our work. You can donate to us in a number of ways including
A secure once off or monthly donation by credit/debit card via the Paypal link below.
You can set up a monthly regular donation by direct debit.
You can donate by cheque and post it to our address below.
You can make a one-off electronic fund transfer by contacting us here.
When the time is right for you to include a gift in your will, we would be grateful if you could consider the work of Meath Women’s Refuge and Support Services. We understand the importance of looking after your loved ones. Any gift however large or small would make a real and lasting difference to the lives of women and children we work with who experience domestic abuse.
Your gift would help sustain a wide range of supports to women and children in their emotional recovery from domestic abuse.
Ultimately, your gift will ensure that women and children receive the highest levels of services and interventions to ensure they are safe and supported.
Types of Legacy:
If you have a will or are going to make a will there are three legacies, you can choose from
- A residual legacy: a share or percentage of your whole estate. This means that however much your financial circumstances change, the proportion of your estate that each person receives will stay the same. Usually it is shown as a percentage of what is left of your estate once all expenses, debts and specific gifts have been taken out.
- A pecuniary legacy: a fixed sum of money
- Specific gifts or bequests: personal possessions, including property
Tax efficient giving
Legacies are an extremely tax-efficient way to give to charity. In fact, legacies to charity are completely free of Inheritance Tax. Meath Women’s Refuge and Support Services would receive 100% of any gift you choose to leave.
If you would like to further discuss your options in leaving a legacy, please contact us.