One to one support in the community is provided to women who want to meet an outreach worker to discuss their options in terms of domestic abuse and the services and supports available to them. A woman contacts the helpline and is referred to the outreach team who organise an initial meeting at a place of your choosing. Some the supports provided are outlined below:
- Practical and emotional support to women who have or are experiencing physical, emotional, sexual and/ or financial abuse.
- Undertake a Risk assessment with you and assist you with safety planning
- Advice/appropriate referrals to relevant services on legal, housing, social welfare, rights and entitlements
- Information on our group programmes e.g. the Power to Change
- Referral to other supports we provide e.g. counselling and art therapy and supports for children
The length of time you use the service for depends on your needs. Meath Women’s Refuge Outreach workers will work with you to maximize your safety. This may need one or two meetings or more. We will provide you support as long as you need it.